219 Cotham Road (corner Florence Avenue)
8kms east of Melbourne
open coordinates in google maps
open coordinates in apple map
Building names(s): Lyon Housemuseum
function(s): gallery, residential
visiting hours: Visits to the Lyon Housemuseum must be pre-booked and are conducted as small group tours during designated visiting periods each year – check website for dates. Bookings to visit the Housemuseum can be made by emailing the Housemuseum at [email protected] or by telephoning +61 3 9817 2300 on Mondays 10 – 12pm or Thursdays 1 – 3pm (only).
admission cost: $22 – Visiting sessions last one and a half hours and are limited to a total of 25 people. Includes guided tour of the building and Collection.
By Car / Taxi – Directions from Melbourne.
* From city travel east along Victoria Parade for approximately 2.5kms and turn left into Hoddle Street.
* Travel north along Hoddle Street approximately 1.0km to Johnston Street. Turn right into Johnston Street.
* Continue for approximately 3.4kms (Johnston Street changes name to Studley Park Road) to Kew Junction.
* At Kew Junction turn into Cotham Road and continue approximately 2.0kms to the Housemuseum.
Please note that there is no carparking for visitors on the property. Street parking is available nearby subject to local parking bylaws and clearway restrictions.
As the Housemuseum is located in a residential area visitors are asked to respect the privacy of surrounding properties.
By Tram – The Housemuseum is located at Stop 39 on Tram Route 109.
* Take Tram 109 from the Collins Street in central city (or from Docklands) in an easterly direction (direction ‘Box Hill’) to Stop 39 (Thomas Street).
* The trip takes approximately 40 minutes from the city, or 50-60 minutes in peak traffic times.