Galeria Adriana Varejão
Inhotim Centro de Arte Contemporânea
Rua B, 20, Inhotim
open coordinates in google maps
open coordinates in apple map
Building names(s): Galeria Adriana Varejão
Architect/Designer: Rodrigo Cerviño Lopez
Completion date: March 2008
Inhotim Centro de Arte Contemporânea is located in a village near the capital of Minas Gerais state. The museum is composed of pavilions spread out across a 35 hectare landscaped park. The Galeria Adriana Varejão pavilion was commissioned to house a sculpture and polyptych by Brazilian artist Adriana Varejão. Visitors move through the building following a spiral path that leads them between two levels of the park. The building was conceived as a spiral path that connects two different levels of the park. The path contracts and expands as you pass through the building to accommodate various types of exhibition spaces, which culminate within the concrete block partially inserted in the hillside.
costs: R$ 10.00.
Thursdays and Fridays 9:00 to 4:30 pm
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays 9:00 to 5:30 pm
– Follow BR-381 headed for Betim
– After the new Police Checkpoint, 1.5 km further, turn right on the side road that goes to Brumadinho and Mario Campos
– Arriving at Mario Campos, after crossing the train tracks, turn right between the Ipe gas station and an old two-story house.
– Continue to Brumadinho
– Upon arriving in Brumadinho, after crossing the bridge over the Paraopeba River, turn right at the roundabout and continue straight ahead.
– You have arrived at Inhotim.
– Follow this road for about 5 minutes.
– After about 5 minutes, turn right on a dirt road, leading to Inhotim.