Foster + Partners is a leading architectural firm based in the United Kingdom. The practice is led by its founder and Chairman, Norman Foster, and has constructed many high-profile glass-and-steel buildings. In particular, they are known for their design of airports.
Established by Norman Foster as Foster Associates in 1967 shortly after leaving Team 4, the firm was renamed in the 1990s to more accurately reflect the influence of the other lead architects.
Sir Norman Foster’s list of favorite/significant buildings (post 1980):
- Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao, Spain by Frank Gehry
- Menil Collection, Houston, Texas, USA by Renzo Piano
- Lloyd’s Building, London, UK by Richard Rogers
- Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban / National Assembly Building, Dhaka, Bangladesh by Louis Kahn
- Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia by Cesar Pelli
- Saint-Pierre, Firminy, France by Le Corbusier